Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Kickstart My Heart

I'm going to try to blog a little every day, keeping to the theme of what I'm up to plus random observations about life. If any of my readers have anything they want to hear about, throw in some comments and don't be afraid to subscribe!

I've decided to use the Kickstarter program to fund my CD. Last night I started the process of setting it up and creating rewards for those who contribute to the creation of "Songs of Love & the Ocean." When you choose an amount to help pay for the CD, you're basically getting an item or package of items in return. Starting at $15, the reward is a the new CD, signed! How's that for fun? The rest of the rewards include mp3s, stickers, limited edition pendants by J&J Glass Designs, tickets to my CD release parties and even original art! You can even have me come play at your house for a group of your friends. Once I have it all ready and it goes live, you'll see how the whole thing works and how much fun it is.

The CD production itself is going to cost me $4,000. That's the base amount I need for time in the studio to produce all ten songs. With added musician costs (guitar, bass,keyboard, harmonica, etc.), CD replication and other fees it will most likely be closer to $6500. I'm planning on raising the $4,000 with Kickstarter and anything above that will sure help out.

The Kickstarter project will go live the beginning of June and run for 30 days. Thanks in advance for all your help and encouragement!

Hearts and waves,

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment